The price for pensioners and children under 14 years old is 1400 rubles.
For children under 7 the excursion is free.
Prepayment is to be made before the excursion.
Booking in advance is necessary.
The excursion lasts 11 hours .
Departure time: every day at 9.00 from Kazan Circus (main entrance).
How to get: “Central stadium” bus stop or “Kremlevskaya” subway station.
An individual excursion with Russian, English, French, German, Turkish, Tatar and other language speaking guides is available at any convenient time.
The ancient town Bulgar is one of the oldest Bulgarian towns in the territory of Tatarstan. Bulgarian hillfort is the capital of one of the earliest governmental unions of the Easten Europe.
Ancient Bolgar is a Northen Mecca and a former capital of the Volga regions’ Bulgariya. It ‘s been the center of Muslims’ pilgrimage nowadays.
Modern Bolgar has a wide spread territory, surrounded by the rampart and more than 5 km. length ditch. You are able to see lots of remarkable architectural monuments of the 13-th 14-th centuries there.
The landmarks you will see:
The Cathedral Mosque was built after the Mongols caprure in the 13-th century and used to be the main religious construction of the Golden Horde’s Bolgarian ulus settlement.
The Big Minaret was set into the Cathedral Mosque’s wall. The entry to the Mosque was built through the Minaret. Unfortunately, it fell down in 1814 due to multiple treasure hunters’ undermining. This monument was fully reconstructed in 2000.
The Northern Mausoleum, located opposite to the Mosque’s main entrance , is a monument of the 14-th century.
The Eastern Mausoleum was erected to the East of the Cathedral Mosque in 14-th century. Architecturally it belonged to Muslims’ tent-roofed tombs. This Mausoleum is the monument which has preserved better of all other constructions of the Bulgar architecture.
The Eastern chamber, also known as the Khan’s bath, dates back to the 13-th century. It is one of the earliest stone constructions in Bulgarians. It is located close to the ancient town’s center and to the Khan’s palace.
The small minaret and the Khan’s tomb date back to the 14-th century. This area, being located outside the before-Mongols -capture town, was intensively developed after the events of the year 1236. The Mausoleums were built as the noble families’ tombs. The small Minaret is the part of the Khan’s tomb construction.
White chamber or baths is the 14-th century monument. The bath had underfloor heating system, similar to the Eastern Chamber, as well as water supply and sanitation systems. Three reservoirs in the South and in the West supplied the bath with water.
The Black Chamber dates back to the 14-th century. The meaning of the Chamber has been formulated differently by the investigators. Ones name it as a tomb, others as a madrasah, and the thirds as a Judgement Chamber.
The white Mosque is called “The Pearl of Bolgar” and locates at the South Gate of the town. It ranks significantly in a raw of architectural monuments and has a great privilege to be named as “An Architectural pearl” of Tatarstan. It is the biggest mosque of the South-West part of Tatarstan. An official opening took place on 10 June ,2012 and “ the White Mosque” was announced as the Cathedral Mosque of the town. The Mosques has been a storage of the biggest Koran in the world, the weight of which is 800 kilos.
Lunch is 300 rubles per person.